Superior Spine & Joint Clinic
The pain management doctors at Superior Spine and Joint can control and manage acute and chronic pain conditions, primarily related to spinal disorders. Nerve blocks and radiofrequency ablation are used to diagnose and evaluate pain conditions while providing substantial pain relief. Steroid injections can reduce pain caused by inflammation. These procedures can benefit patients with degenerative disc disease, pinched nerves, migraines, neck pain, back pain, and radiating pain in the arms and legs.
Pain management procedures are performed by board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (PMR). These are outpatient procedures that require minimal down time but deliver pain relief for several weeks or months, depending on the patient. The most common procedures we offer are listed below.d medication usually consists of an anesthetic to relax the area and relieve pain. A steroid medication is sometimes included in the injection.
Neck & Arm Pain
- Cervical selective nerve root block
- Cervical interlaminar* epidural steroid injection
- Cervical transforaminal* epidural steroid injection
Chronic Neck Pain & Headache
- Atlanto-occipital (AO) joint injection
- Atlanto-axial (AA) joint injection
- Cervical facet injection
- Cervical medial branch block
- Cervical radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
Upper & Middle Back Pain
- Thoracic interlaminar* epidural steroid injection
- Thoracic selective nerve root block
- Thoracic transforaminal* epidural steroid injection
Chronic Upper & Middle Back Pain
- Thoracic facet injection
- Thoracic medial branch block
- Thoracic radiofrequency ablation
Lower Back & Leg Pain
- Lumber selective nerve root block
- Lumbar transforaminal* epidural steroid injection
- Lumbar interlaminar* epidural steroid injection
- Lumbar caudal* epidural steroid injection
Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar radiofrequency ablation
- Lumbar facet injection
- Lumbar medial branch block
Chronic Low Back and Buttock Pain
- Sacroiliac joint injection
- Sacroiliac Cooled Radiofrequency Ablation
* Interlaminar injection is administered from the back of the spine; transforaminal injection is administered from the side where the nerve exits the spine; caudal injection is administered through the bony opening of your tailbone
- No food or drink (including water) 8 hours prior to your procedure. If you have any medications that must be taken before your procedure AND has been approved by your physician, you may do so with very little water.
- If you are having an Epidural Steroid Injection only in your cervical or thoracic spine or a Catheter ESI in any region of your spine, or a Spinal Cord Stimulator Trial/Implant, you will need to be off ALL BLOOD THINNERS and/or ALL NSAIDS for 5 days prior to your procedure date. **This also includes any OTC aspirins, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen, meloxicam) analgesics and anti-inflammatories** Please contact our office and speak to a member of your physicians’ clinical staff to confirm if you are needing to stop any medications you are currently taking if you are unsure.
- Since you are receiving anesthesia/sedation, you will need someone present to drive you home unless it was discussed and approved by your physician to perform your procedure under local anesthesia.
- No outside items may be taken into the procedure room/operating room. Pillows and blankets from home are not allowed in pre-op or the procedure room/operating room.
- You will be asked to remove all clothing that might interfere with your procedure or be stained by the skin preparation including bra, underwear, shorts, pantyhose, or leggings.
- Please do not wear jewelry including watches and any piercings.
For your safety, if you have tested positive for COVID you must be free of any COVID symptoms for 5 days prior to having any procedure.
For any spinal cord stimulators trial or permanent placement, you must adhere to the following guidelines for anesthesia.
- 4 weeks asymptomatic or recover from only mild non-respiratory symptoms.
- 6 weeks for a symptomatic patient (e.g.) cough, dyspnea) who did not require hospitalization.
- 8-10 weeks for a symptomatic patient who is diabetic, immunocompromised, or hospitalized.
- 12 weeks for any patient who was admitted to an intensive care unit due to COVID-19 infection.
About Superior Spine & Joint Clinic
Dr Lewis Frazier Jr. | MD
Lewis Frazier Jr., MD, is a board-certified physician providing comprehensive, individualized care to each of his patients. Dr. Frazier is dedicated to reducing pain and helping men and women regain their lost function. After completing his undergraduate education at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, Dr. Frazier enrolled at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, where he earned his medical degree. He then continued his training with a residency at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, where he was made chief resident. Dr. Frazier is also a Fellow of the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine. Dr. Frazier is highly skilled in precision spinal diagnostics and a number of therapeutic procedures. In addition to physical medicine and rehabilitation and interventional pain management, Dr. Frazier also specializes in stem cell therapy, helping his patients unlock their body’s natural healing process. Aside from his work at Tarpon Interventional Pain & Spine Care, Dr. Frazier has instructed physicians from around the world on therapeutic techniques. He was also appointed as a member of the instructional faculty for the International Spine Intervention Society. Dr. Frazier has been listed multiple times in the Best Doctor List in D Magazine and the repeated recipient of the Texas Super Doctor Award. Our providers are not only best in Texas, but are Certified as a Physiatrist, Pain Management Physician, and Sports Medicine Physician and are here to best meet your needs!
Curtis Adams | DC, NP
Curtis Adams has established himself as a top chiropractor in Dallas. What sets him apart is the fact that he’s also a Family Nurse Practitioner which allows him to provide innovative treatments that integrate the holistic techniques of a chiropractor along with family medicine services. Unlike most chiropractors, Dr. Adams is also a licensed medical provider—meaning his patients receive both the benefits of holistic chiropractic and access to medical care and any needed prescriptions—often referred to as a medically-minded chiropractor. If you’re in Dallas and looking for a new and transformative approach to chiropractic care, Dr. Adams will have you feeling the difference!